« Home

Logo Gadgetize: High Quality Sound 20GB Karma Under $160

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» Perfect PocketProjector Companion - The AivX
» 40GB MP3 Player & Portable Card Reader for $200
» You Can Finally be Lobot for Under $250
» SRS Klayman Signature Impressions
» SRS Klayman Signature Speakers for $200
» Awards, Rebates and Other Useless Incentives
» 5.6" Ziga PictureFrame "Media Player" for $155
» Using AudioGrabber with Car MP3 Transmitters
» 512MB Pen Drives for VFM7 - $44 With Lanyard!
» Projectors vs Plasma, LCDs, Rear Projection


Related Products

Thursday, May 05, 2005

High Quality Sound 20GB Karma Under $160

I actually went through one of these already, but as it's refurbished I knew I was taking a small chance, and the first one's volume button was smashed in. What I learned is that Amazon has perhaps the best returns system I ever seen. They sent out the replacement before the return got to them, and they gave me a UPS label to send it back.

So on to the player, the Rio Karma is quite small, smaller than an iPod but thicker. The player support FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec), which is the main reason I bought it, so I can convert all my CDs once and for all.

I'm not going to get into too much detail, but the player management software, the controls on the player itself, and the battery life are all great, the best I've used in fact. Even better, the sound quality is fantastic. There is a nice powered cradle with RCA outputs, and good earbuds come with the player, I think they're supposed to be Sennheisers.

At the price, I just can't see anything better than this, especially when I consider Rio's emphasis on the sound quality. When I add in the fact that the dock also has an ethernet connection and the player can act as some kind of web server, there's just no contest.

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (0)

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels