« Home

Logo Gadgetize: 512MB Pen Drives for VFM7 - $44 With Lanyard!

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» Projectors vs Plasma, LCDs, Rear Projection
» Even Better Car iPod Shuffle - VFM7 $30
» Yes, I Bought a Cassette Deck Today....
» Record HD and Restore VHS - HM-DH40000U $300
» This Week on Gadgetize - Fun, Friends and More...
» The Pains of Early/Uninformed Adoption - DSM-320
» Do I Like Fujitsu Today? P7000 Under $1600
» Why Import Japanese Notebooks? P1000 - $1200
» BestBuy - D-Link MediaLounge DSM-320 for $150
» Is This Something? Eujoy Every-Device Thing $60


Related Products

Thursday, February 03, 2005

512MB Pen Drives for VFM7 - $44 With Lanyard!

Newegg has the Dane-Elec 512MB Pen Drive for $39 and $4.81 shipping, which isn't newsworthy in and of it self, but it does look good with the VFM7 FM transmitter. So good, in fact, I bought two. It's shorter than most pen drives, it's black, it's plain, and when you're playing your tunes through the transmitter it pumps out a nice blue LED light. Bad news? It doesn't change color like the picture, and as if that weren't enough, it's French.

But now for $74 you get a 512MB MP3 player and transmitter with no cables and 4 buttons, you really can't go wrong. I tried it out this evening and other than the limit of 89MHz and below for channels, it's great. It fades in and out between tracks, and it keeps it place so long as it stay plugged into the lighter adapter. It's also easy to operate while keeping your eyes on the road.

For a fast easy solution with no wires, installation, or trouble, it's great.

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (3)

» At 9:36 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

Because I can't let go of thinking the idea is good, I'm going to find a way to make this work well. For me the only problem is crackling, as though it's overloading my FM receiver.

I think with judicious use of dynamic range compression I can get good results and keep this thing in my bag for when I really need some tunes on the road.

Thanks for your input.

» At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think it will work with the ipod shuffle?

» At 6:46 PM, Blogger Morgan said...

I think as long as you have mp3 files on it, it will. AAC files I would assume do not. It will play in the same order over and over again though, which is my main problem with it, so I use the Renamer program to copy the files on in random order everytime I update the music.

If you have an iPod shuffle, I think it's definitely worth the $30.

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels