« Home

Logo Gadgetize: The Pains of Early/Uninformed Adoption - DSM-320

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» Do I Like Fujitsu Today? P7000 Under $1600
» Why Import Japanese Notebooks? P1000 - $1200
» BestBuy - D-Link MediaLounge DSM-320 for $150
» Is This Something? Eujoy Every-Device Thing $60
» Gotta Have a 10 Incher? Sony VGN-T150 for $1860
» How Did This Not Take Off? Nokia 3300 for $99
» Dynamism or Walmart? 12.1" WXGA Tatung $998
» The Totally Awesome 1GB Car iPod Shuffle - $128
» Futuristic, Visionary V800XPT-1 Tablets $869


Related Products

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Pains of Early/Uninformed Adoption - DSM-320

Well, tough luck on my spur of the moment Medialounge purchase today, I'm going to recommend you NOT buy it anytime soon. If I had more than half a brain I'd have at least looked to see if there were major issues with it.

My main purpose was to watch XviDs of TV shows I'd downloaded, but the A/V sync is gone within a minute. Apparently it's a known issue, but there's no resolution yet. Fortunately I didn't send in the rebate, I guess that's the real gotcha on these, you buy it, cut off the UPC, and you can't return it. Ouch.

So maybe I'll give it a week, but I'm not too hopeful. Then I'll find some other media player to make a mistake with. Frustrating though, the video output was very nice on this pile of apparent junk.

If I don't find something easy to use soon, it'll be our next builder project. Rest assured it'll be no more difficult than the Totally Awesome 1Gb Car iPod shuffle.

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (0)

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels