« Home

Logo Gadgetize: RCA Lyra RD900W Audio Link Under $40

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» Ecobox-net/u Personnel Monitor for $40
» JVC XV-NP10S Offers Unique Features for $110
» Last VR3 of the Day - VRFS40 Speakers $20
» In-Dash CD/MP3 with USB - VRCD300-USB $100
» Easy In-Car Audio - MP320T Player/Transmitter $49
» Poor Man's Media Center - Philips DVP642 $63
» Tivoli SongBook, Nice Portable Radio
» Buffalo PC-P3LWG Link Theater Network DVD
» INOi Lasonic MP670 Media Center with DVD
» Up to 500GB with the Sarotech AivX DVP-355


Related Products

Friday, July 08, 2005

RCA Lyra RD900W Audio Link Under $40

This is not new, but I've been a little frustrated lately trying to find a decent connection from my computer to my stereo system. Bluetooth A2DP is still too expensive in my opinion, being around $150 and up, and FM just blows (yes I was wrong).

There are 2.4GHz point to point audio links, but they're around $70 (on eBay, so don't know the brand), and they use the same frequencies as 802.11, and I already have a lot of interference in that range in my house.

So along comes the RCA Lyra RD900W, which uses the old 900MHz range like the cordless phones that actually used to work, and I'm tempted to try it out. In fact, I am ordering it now, just like I order all the rest of this stuff.

Musicmatch users will like the fact that the remote control can actually control playback on the computer from the receiver end. Those that use other players, the transmitter works just like a USB sound card, so it'll play back pretty much anything. The range is reportedly 100 feet, but I'll be happy with 20 at this point.

The reviews appear to be pretty great on every site I've read, so I'm a little more confident than usual on this one.

UPDATE:
Apparently the newest version of the remote software allows the remote to work with Rhapsody as well as Musicmatch. Which is great for me, I already ordered this anyway.

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (0)

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels