« Home

Logo Gadgetize: So I Was Wrong... A Gallery of Bad Decisions

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» Like a Bluetooth Audio Streaming Adapter Only $13
» Cheap Computer for Composing on the Road
» Lube for Your Mouse Feet $12 Delivered
» Just a Favor to Ask
» One More Use for Old Memory Cards, Only $30
» Weird Combination of Camera & TV: MPM-101
» Lyra: Cheap, Looks Nice and a USB Drive
» The Cardster PDA
» Logitech Digital Pen under $50
» In-Car Video on the Cheap PV1 for $150


Related Products

Thursday, June 23, 2005

So I Was Wrong... A Gallery of Bad Decisions

This is a new feature that will grow with time, and based on my office, I'll have plenty of entries in here.

As a kind of gadget fan, I tend toward buying things imagining all the use I'll get out of them, but then soon realize my life's revolution is yet to come. Oh please, let it come.

So as a gallery of bad purchases, some may find this sad, amusing, or familiar.

The Oregon Scientific Echo PDA293
It was 2001, Palm Pilots were all the rage, and I just wanted to believe I had contacts to keep track of. So naturally I wanted to do it smaller and better and cheaper than everyone else.

Which led me towards a REX, a credit card sized PDA that for whatever reason I ended up ruling out. If I remember correctly there were two versions, and the newer better ones were too expensive for me.

Unfortunately, the Echo PDA from Oregon Scientific was where I ended up. I gave it the ol' college try, adding contacts and notes to myself through the awful Win3.1-ish interface, but it was only a week or two before it was at the bottom of another pile of junk. I just wasn't made for those crazy times.

I cranked it up as I wrote this, it's pretty solid with a metal frame, and amazingly the time was right on. Unfortunately I was also treated to a little todo list that I of course had never completed, along with the terrifying memories of the phone numbers in it. As a snapshot of both my life and my judgment, it was just sad.

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (0)

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels