« Home

Logo Gadgetize: My New Phone, The Kyocera M1000 Lingo

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» 8GB Meizu Now Available - White Only $145 Shipped
» Sandisk Sansa Connect WiFi Now $145 Delivered
» Old School Tube 30" Philips Only $270 Shipped
» Sun-Pec Mobile Phone Solar Charger $25 Shipped
» 27" Native 1280x720 LCD for Only $250
» Enjoy the Outdoors - Speaker Planter $35
» Nice Pair for Speaker Builders - Gem Sound for $20
» HP iPAQ rx5915 GPS/PDA Under $400
» Cute Little Sony Mic for $25
» Interesting iCEBOX Down to $450


Related Products

Monday, October 08, 2007

My New Phone, The Kyocera M1000 Lingo

PhotoThe Kyocera M1000 Lingo was my unplanned replacement for my old Nokia 6265i. I loved that phone, loved it and lost it.

So I decided against the KRZR and another similar Nokia and went back to my old Kyocera ways with the interesting looking Lingo. It was the full keyboard that got me, I use my phone for email quite a bit, and I thought it might really be useful.

Is it? Yes, it is. My old phone had a 320x240 display, very nice. This one has 128x128 external, and 160x128 internal, quite a bit less smooth. But I can still use Gmail very well, the font they used in the browser is actually very nice.

PhotoFor anyone looking at this phone, that's the real selling point. The keyboard. And it is very easy to use even with my fat fingers. It makes all the difference when you just need to get an email out and you're not home and not in the mood for a predictive-text nightmare trying to use correct punctuation.

So I got what I wanted out of the phone, and all the normal things work as expected. It has good volume, people can hear me, and the convenience features are all there. I am happy with it.

As for the bad points, there are a few, so before you decide to get one, here they are:

1) No removable storage.
2) Ugly. It really is.
3) External screen stays on when the lid is open.
4) Battery life is not stellar.
5) No Mobile Phone Tools (yet) to customize themes or tones.
6) Screen resolution is average.
7) No video recording.

I knew all the bad points before buying, and I am still happy I did. The back side of the phone is actually very nice looking, so I always leave it face down. I look forward to the Mobile Phone Tools for it, and I'll buy an extra battery at some point.

Anyway, I haven't been buying many gadgets in general lately, so I thought I'd share this one. I am really very happy with the phone, I think it's a revision or two away from being a really great phone, and I'd get another one today if it had better screens, better battery life, and better aesthetics.

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (3)

» At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi bro, seems like you are gadget freak, try to look up my site at http://surayblog.blogspot.com and http://doubledt.com.

The second site is the site that mainly purposed for gadget news.

I put a lot of cellphones review there. See you.

» At 9:46 AM, Blogger Shar2020 said...

I just got the Kyosera Lingo myself and I love it!! I had the Kyosera Xcursion KX160 and really liked it but it was hard for texting, I had seen the LG with the qwerty keyboard and loved it but my cell company is Cricket and I wanted to stay with them so when I found they offered the Lingo I ran out and got it and I just love it!!
The only problem I am having so far is the fact that the speaker for the ringer is on the inside by the inside screen so if the phone is closed you can't hear it ring as well, anyone know of a fix for this?

» At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mohammed said...

That is an interesting looking phone. Thanks for post.

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels