« Home

Logo Gadgetize: Gadget Garbage into Christmas Miracles

Not announcements - real, available gadgets and gizmos. If you read about it here, you can buy it. Probably.

Compare Prices on Gadgets at Spot Cost

Search     for     

Site Search

  

Previous Posts

» Not Bad Retro Radio Under $30 Delivered
» The 21st Century's Keytar - Only $150 Delivered
» Great Desktop Search Tool - FREE
» RedPower In-Dash DVD/CD/MP3 Under $200
» Dirt Cheap 802.11g Router WGR614 $23 Shipped
» Minolta Dimage X1 Under $200
» Another LAN Drive Enclosure, Under $50
» Interesting Cheap Barebones w/ PCMCIA - Samba
» Moving to Gadgetize.com
» Fiwin SS28S Skype/SIP Phone Around $150


Related Products

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Gadget Garbage into Christmas Miracles

A sad by-product of liking gadgets is that you end up with a lot of useless junk. You can only listen to maybe a half a dozen mp3 players at once, you most likely won't use half of the wireless accessories you buy, and mobile PCs just aren't fun for me to use.

So it's time to turn this junk-pile into Christmas presents, or at least something I might use.

Here's a list of what I've got to do something with:

SoniqCast Aireo
Sonic Impact T-Amp
Dell Axim X30 or something
Sony PEG-S300
Jornada 680e
3Com Audrey
Mac Classic SE
Virgin Boomtube and other speakers
Power supplies and computer chassis
Assorted flash MP3 players out the wazoo
Headphones, headsets, and ear buds
Hard drives, flash memory, etc.

So my first idea is to use the T-Amp for a nice little speaker system for my bedroom audio system. I'll use the T-Amp, some old Advent ICT 4.0i 4" speakers, a computer power supply, and hopefully a nice looking box. I'm hoping to end up with a nice, single-box amplifier/speaker system with a mini-input for my Rio Karma or whatever other player I'd like to plug in.

I'll see how it goes, but if you see anythingpromising in that pile, give me comment on it. I'm eyeing that Mac Classic for something special but I don't know what, maybe install Linux on the 680e for PHP work, and turn that Axim into a server or something.

We'll see, I will probably end up with more garbage and less working gadgets than before.

AddThis Permalink   Email This   Post a Comment (0)

© Gadgetize.com All Rights Reserved. Besides, there's nada to copy.

Gadget Saving

» Froogle - Shopping Search
» SpotCost - Price Comparison
 

Gadget Shopping

» Computer Geeks
» New Egg
» Cyber Outlet
» Directron
 

Gadget Blogs

» Engadget
» Gizmodo
» Gotta Have One
» Oh Gizmo

Tags / Labels